Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Babies and more

I've become accustomed to hearing people announce that they are expecting. It has become a natural occurrence these days as 8 or 9 of my close friends are expecting between this spring and late summer. It does get easier for me to hear and deal with, but Phillip doesn't seem to be bouncing back from this news as quickly.

My friends are now showing, having sonograms, and learning whether they will be having a boy or a girl. Many are now choosing names which makes the little lives in their tummies so much more real. I don't know why my burden is infertility, but I still have not given up. My doctor has been very positive about our chances of conceiving if only they can get me to ovulate consistently.

We are still trying to sell our house, but it isn't the greatest time to try to sell. We've had a few lookers in the past several weeks. As much as we would love to move, we are a bit concerned about taking on a higher mortgage payment with the current economic situation. Just yesterday, another friend was laid off. It's a scary time and we are continuing to pray about what will be the best for us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Amanda...I read this blog as I read your comment on our baby announcement. I know this was posted quite a while ago, but I know the feelings don't change over night. I don't know what I'm trying to get at here I guess. To a point in all of this, I'm excited but at the same time I even feel guilty because I know there are people still struggling with infertility and those that know they'll never have children. I feel like I'm on the other side of the fence now, and that people still trying think that I don't remember how hard it was. (*If that makes any sense*). I know words don't help much and I don't know your entire situation, but don't give up hope. If you ever need to chat, I'd be happy to listen! Hope this finds you well....gonna go read about your house now!

    ReplyDelete