Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rainy Days

The weather in Starkville has been miserable for the past several weeks. It has rained and rained and rained. The rain itself has not been that bad, but I am about to lose my mind with the gloomy, dreary days. I miss the sunshine terribly! My yard has stayed wet (and is partially underwater) which means that each time the dogs go out, they bring in leaves, mulch, and mud. I can't keep my floors clean no matter how frequently I vacuum and sweep.

In addition to it being gloomy outside, it seems gloomy inside my home these days. I've been extremely busy with work and so has Phillip (but in a different way). I have tried to be energetic and liven things up, but tonight Phillip did not even want to eat supper. As he explained it to me, he drove for 5 hours today and did not do anything physically demanding so he was exhausted and had no appetite. That frustrates me because dinner time is usually the only quality time we get to spend with one another during the weekdays.

On a more positive note, my nephew is coming to spend the night tomorrow because Phillip is taking him hunting Saturday, so I am looking forward to that...but I definitely do not expect my house to stay clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment