Thursday, August 6, 2009

Third Ultrasound - August 6

We received very upsetting news today at our third ultrasound appointment. The baby has not grown any since last week and the heart rate has not increased. The doctor has told us that in situations like this there is rarely a chance of a turnaround and that we need to prepare ourselves to lose this baby soon. Maybe I am in denial, but I feel so strongly that this baby was such a surprising blessing from God and is part of his plan. We are praying for God’s will, but also praying for a healthy and growing baby when I go back to the doctor next week. There have been no symptoms of problems – no cramping, no spotting, nothing which also seemed to surprise the doctor. I will be off work until Monday and so will Phillip. We are just trying to spend some time together and appreciate all your prayers during this difficult time!

2 comments:

  1. There was something on Phillip's facebook page that told me something might be up. I'm praying so very hard my friend. God is in control, even though it might not seem like it at times. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I was so excited to see that you had posted a new blog... and that you were finally pregnant... then I started reading... I am sorry that you are having to worry so much now. I am praying for your baby and for you both. Doctors can most definitely be wrong, but God is always right. I know he formed the baby that is within your womb. I hope that you get good news at your next visit. I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete