Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Update

For those of you who follow along, we did not get good news at our doctor's appointment this week. The baby no longer had a heartbeat and we have had a miscarriage. The doctor explained to us that most of the time when this happens there is a chromosomal problem and it is not because of anything that we did or did not do.


I do appreciate you all for your thoughts, prayers, concerns, etc. I apologize if you have called or sent me an email or text message and I have not responded. I am not ready to talk to anyone, so please do not feel offended or singled out if I have not responded. I doubt that I will ever call you back to talk about this. Please do not ask me how I am doing because the truth is that I don't know. I am moving on with my life and trying to do things so that I do not really have to think about how terrible this week has been.


Phillip and I are encouraged that we were able to get pregnant because this alone has been a huge step for us toward having a child of our own. We are continuing to pray for the child that God will someday give us when the time is right.


Please continue to pray for us as we grieve our loss.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Amanda, I am not even going to pretend to know right thing to say to you right now. Please know that I am praying for you and Phillip, and your future children as well. Let me know if there is any other way that I can help. Much Love, Carley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my friend and am praying for you and Phillip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I am hardly on here anymore (half the time can't get logged into it) and have just read your recent baby blogs. I'm so sorry for you and your husband. There are no words, and you know this, so all I will say is that I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I have been praying for you since I heard the news back in the summer. I hope you are doing well. Please drop me a line and let me know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete