25 Random Things About Me:
1. I work too much (like most people at Youth Villages) but I enjoy what I do and believe that we make differences in the lives of families and children.
2. I want to someday work as a church counselor doing marriage and family counseling.
3. I have an amazing husband and I feel guilty that I sometimes take that for granted.
4. I used to want five children – I wanted to have two and adopt three. Phillip never agreed to that though L Now, we would just be happy to have one baby.
5. I recently moved into a new house which I love. I cannot wait until all the necessary “work” is done and I can feel moved in and settled.
6. I absolutely love to cook and I think that I do a pretty good job, especially with desserts.
7. I was an AOTT in college and formed lifelong friendships through my sorority. I miss my sisters terribly!
8. I would love to someday move back to Birmingham but I do enjoy being closer to family now.
9. I LOVE bubble baths and I do not make time to take them nearly enough. My new house has a Jacuzzi tub and it is fabulous!
10. Singing is one of my favorite things to do. I have wanted to join my church choir for the past several years but because of my work schedule I have not been able to be part of it L
11. I try to play guitar…we’ll just leave it at that.
12. I’ve had opportunities to travel to many places in my life, but I still want to go to Hawaii, Italy, and I want to do mission work in Mexico and Africa.
13. I detest shopping. I love to have new clothes to wear but I wish I could pay a personal shopper to do my shopping for me.
14. My “therapy” is getting my hair cut and highlighted. I do not like people to call me during times when I am having my hair done. I’m weird about that.
15. I cannot stand feet. I do not like to see them, I do not like people to talk about them, and I certainly cannot stand for someone’s feet to touch me. I have gotten better about this since I have been married, but I’m still working on this. I do not even like my own feet! I think all feet are ugly and nasty and mine are no exception to the rule.
16. I do not like the color pink. I think that growing up in a pink and white room as a child turned me off of all things girly. I do sometimes wear pink shirts though, but I do not think that pink should be used in decorating a house. When we moved into our new house, every room was pink and we are slowly repainting one room at a time.
17. I have no fashion sense. I take my mom or girl friends shopping with me when I do have to buy new clothes because I don’t trust myself to pick out clothes for myself. I would wear only sweat suits in the winter and shorts and t-shirts in the summer if it were up to me. I also do not like wearing make-up but it’s a necessary evil.
18. I love the original Nintendo and Super Nintendo. My favorite games are the Mario games. People laugh at me when I am playing because I lean and jump with the remote when I am very into the game.
19. I do not like being in pictures anymore.
20. I sometimes wish I had gone to pharmacy school or medical school.
21. My family is super important to me. I have been blessed with a wonderful family and a wonderful family-in-law.
22. I used to love reading until I went to Seminary. I had to do so much reading there that I am just now getting back into reading for pleasure.
23. My idea of a vacation is doing absolutely nothing and eating a lot.
24. I used to be a clean freak but now I am not so much. My house stays filthy. I often think about all the things that I need to do but I manage to put them off until they absolutely have to be done or until company is coming over.
25. I think that laughter is the best medicine and I love being around people who can make me laugh. I also like to talk about things when I am upset but I do not expect people to give me advice…only to listen to me. When I want advice, I usually ask for it.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment